In order to activate this feature, go to: https://hostme.page.link/sms-app
And download the app first. You will need an android phone with at least 8.1 version
There are a few Hostme applications for the phone, the difference is explained below (left to right):
- icon - Restaurant app
- icon - Guest app
- icon SMS communication app
You need to go to Marketplace and connect enable Send and Receive SMS
Click on Connect
Open the app on the phone and login with your Hostme credentials:
Choose your restaurant from the dropdown menu
- Show caller ID is for the feature Who is calling
- Send messages on behalf of - for Send and Receive SMS
(you can choose both in case you want to use Who is calling feature as well - check instruction "Who is calling?")
Click on START SERVICE
Your app is running now
- Go to Reservations
- Add a new reservation and make sure you added his phone number too.
- Once you add the reservation, the client will receive the confirmation sms.
You will get a new sms notification in your app (and your phone as well)
You will be able to see the details in the chat box with the client.
If you open the box, you can send additional messages and see the whole covnersation with the client: